Thursday, March 2, 2017

It's Been Awhile...

It looks as if I would never blog again.  I "didn't have time".  I "wasn't able to do it."  I "was busy."

PSH.

I didn't make time.  I was able to do it and didn't.  I wasn't too busy to binge watch "Stranger Things" (which you should also do - it is AWESOME).

Blogging may not be a priority for me, but I'm going to try to do it at least once a week.

Here goes:

We are in the middle of our state band festival preparation.  It's stressful.  It's daunting.  It's fun.  Yep, I said it - it's fun.  You know why?  This is the time of the year that we work the hardest, pay attention to the most details, and see our students rise to a level that they never believed they could achieve.

Sure, I wake up at 3am some days thinking about whether or not our trombone section is going to get it today, or if the trumpet section will finally play with some confidence on the correct beat, while all of this activity is happening around them.  But you know what?  It's worth every moment, every 3am wake up, every loud word, every tear (usually from me), and every laugh.

Because when they DO get it - it is the best thing in the world!

THAT'S why I do what I do.  Gotta run - need to listen to my rehearsal recording and prep for tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment